Lejeune’s Lakeigh Harris made a game-tying layup at the buzzer to end the fourth quarter, but the Devil Pups fell to Dixon in overtime 73-69, Jan. 28.
The Bulldogs, who improved to 7-2 in the Coastal 8 Conference (1A/2A) and 15-4 overall, were led by Everett Lewis, who finished with 30 points, and Logan Hubbard, who had 27 points.
Lejeune’s Jaylon Armstrong finished with 30 points, 13 rebounds and five assists as Andrew Navarro scored 21 points for LHS (8-8, 4-5).
Payton Jeffers scored a game-high 16 points as the Dixon girls improved to 4-5 in conference and 6-13 overall with a 53-22 win over Lejeune, who got 15 points from freshman Katherine Coltey.
Dixon hosts Croatan on Friday, and Lejeune will host Southwest Onslow.
- Marine wrestlers on mission to dethrone Army
- Wallace Creek dining facility hosts first Quarterly Culinary Team Competition of 2020
- Wounded Warrior Battalion-East welcomes new commander
- No chill, no thrill: Motorcycle run rolls out despite cold weather
- Heroes Elementary School nominated for national award
- NCDMVA celebrates N.C. African American veterans as part of Black History Month
- Make it your mission to save lives; donate during base blood drive, Feb. 25
- Athlete of the Week: Sanda Heger
- Intramural hoops: H&S Bn outlasts NMCCL
- ASBP blood drives support service members domestically, abroad