The Defense Commissary Agency is rolling out acceptance of the Military Star card in all its stores to offer greater convenience to service members and their families and further strengthen funding of critical military quality-of-life programs, said Command Chief Master Sgt. Stuart Allison, DeCA senior enlisted advisor.
“Being able to use the Military Star card at the commissary is a big win not only for shoppers,” Allison said. “Having one convenient payment method specifically for the military community demonstrates the commitment DeCA and the exchanges have for meeting the needs of service members and families in the most cost-effective way possible to maximize the value of each benefit.”
By Nov. 9, the card’s acceptance will be expanded throughout commissaries worldwide for all branches of service. Benefits of the Military Star card include:
• Two points per dollar on purchases and a $20 gift card after 2,000 points earned.
• One of the lowest APRs (11.24 percent) among retail-issued cards no matter the cardholder’s credit score.
• Fair and flexible terms such as no annual, late or over-limit fees.
• 10 percent discount on first day of use, including at the commissary.
• Reduced interest deployment plan with no payments required for eligible customers.
For more information, visit MyECP.com.